The easy way to integrate Philips Hue technology in your lamps and light switch designs.
Partner with Philips Hue and connect your products
As a manufacturer of lamps or lighting controls it is your expertise to design products that meet the diversity in needs and desires of customers in your markets. With the trend towards IoT and connected lighting, lamps and lighting controls are being redefined as part of connected home systems.
The Friends of Hue program is your partner in developing products that integrate seamlessly with Philips Hue. We are offering smart building blocks and integration in the Philips Hue app, allowing your products to benefit from all the features of the Hue ecosystem.
For smart lighting
Turn your conventional lighting into smart lighting by integrating it with Philips Hue so that it can be controlled with the Philips Hue app, wireless switches, sensors, voice assistants, timers, alarms, IFTTT, geofencing, hundreds of third party apps and partnership integrations.
For smart lighting controls
Develop smart switches that integrate in the Philips Hue system using our Friends of Hue modules or SDK. Your switches work with the Hue Bridge and app giving consumers optimal control and convenience.
How can I benefit from the program?
More than a hardware program, Friends of Hue is a partnership. By partnering with Philips Hue you join a growing ecosystem of Hue and Friends of Hue products that are together redefining lighting.
Your products can:
- Carry the Friends of Hue logo
- Receive brand exposure through Philips Hue marketing channels and events, as well be featured on Philips-Hue.com and in the Philips Hue app
- Work with a rich ecosystem of over 700 third party apps
- Configure and control directly from the Philips Hue app, that enabling new use cases for your products without app development efforts on your end
- Take an advantage of our engineers that will help to integrate Hue technology to your products, using our hardware and software solutions
- Integrate with popular voice platforms such as Amazon Alexa, Google Home and Apple HomeKit and many more smart home partners
- Exploit our global cloud infrastructure. Once connected to the bridge, we can easily deploy over-the-air firmware updates for feature and security updates to your products.
- Be based on industry-standard Zigbee protocols for maximum interoperability
What do we offer?
Friends of Hue partners have access to many of the same hardware and software components used in Philips Hue products. Whether you are building a lamps, smart switch or controller Philips Hue supports you with proven hardware and software solutions.
Built on standard Zigbee chipsets, the Hue Connect is the heart of your Friends of Hue device running Philips software. Choosing the Hue Connect or one of the Hue hardware components allows you to quickly and easily create a connected lamps.
As the world leader in lighting, our top priority is ensuring a consistent lighting experience across Philips Hue and Friends of Hue products. That’s why Philips Hue provides high quality light sources to Friends of Hue partners.
Friends of Hue software
For maximum flexibility in creating smart lighting control products, software building blocks are available to optimize the lighting experience.
A growing network of partners
How to become a Friend of Hue
Joining the Friends of Hue Program for Lamps and switches is simple. Philips Hue specialists operate globally and are ready to respond to your questions. They will work with you on every step, so you can quickly start using our technology. Contact your local Signify representative for more information.